Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

The Green Marker Poetry Sessions



Sometimes, my inspiration for blog topics can come from the most unusual places.  Sometimes, inspiration may come from playing a video game.  Sometimes, I get inspired by watching a really funny movie on television.  I even think that I probably was inspired to write a blog entry after seeing a jar of mustard on a shelf.  

I know, bizarre.  But that goes to show you that sometimes you can be really be inspired to write in almost any circumstance.

Even when those circumstances are really tragic ones.

Yesterday, a very special person was taken away from us far too soon.  Her name was Christina, and I guess you could say that I've known her a long time, even though we only really worked together for a few months at the most.  But there are several things that I can probably say about her.  I always saw her as being very pleasant to everyone who had the pleasure of working with her, and she really did her best to make sure that the people she served left happy.

And perhaps one of my favourite memories of Christina came at one of our store fun days.  I seem to remember that the theme of the party was Caribbean Day or Hawaii Day, or some other tropical paradise day.  And I remember that she would not let me leave until I had the chance to try one of her drink cocktails.

(Keep in mind that these were "virgin" drinks, as it did take place at work.)

So, I opted for my favourite of the bunch (the pina colada), and she served it to me along with one of those little beach umbrellas.  And I think she watched me closely to make sure I drank every drop!  But for what it was worth, looking back on it, it was the best damn virgin pina colada I've ever had.


Christina, you may not physically be a part of this world any more...but the lives that you touched along the way.  Those people will make sure that you live on forever.  I will definitely miss you, as I am sure everyone out there will.

So, because of this, it prompted me to grab the first writing implement out of my pocket (which ended up being a green Crayola marker) and a notepad and just write down what was going through my mind.  And, well...this is what I came up with.



Please, everyone...keep Christina as well as her family and friends in your thoughts today.

Thank you.

1 comment: