Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

I Have A Secret - And It Involves This Magazine...

Okay...so I've been keeping a bit of a secret from all of you.

Don't worry, it's nothing too serious.  I haven't killed anyone, gotten eloped, or have had reconstructive surgery.  My life isn't THAT colourful.

But I do want to tell you a bit of a story.



How many of you have heard of a magazine publication known as "The Digest Enthusiast"?  I'm guessing not a lot of you have.  It's okay.  Prior to three months ago, I really didn't know what it was either.  Turns out that it's a brand new series that was created by a group of fellow comic book fans, such as myself, celebrating the various digests that have come out over the last century.

And, certainly a lot of people have contributed to this magazine.  Have a look at the back cover where everyone is credited.



Isn't that cool?

Hey...wait a sec.  Zoom in on that list of contributors.



Wait a minute.  THAT'S ME!

Sigh.  I guess the cat's out of the bag.  Okay, here's the story.

Now, you all know that I have a major obsession with Archie Digests.  After all, I just wrote about Archie comics just a few days ago!  But I was also a member of various Archie themed groups over the years.  And one of them was one that I joined back in 2007.  I posted there quite frequently for six years before certain events took place and I became a bit disenchanted by it. 

So imagine my surprise when a man by the name of D. Blake Werts contacts me through the comments section of this blog asking me for a request.  I always love reading comments, and since he left his e-mail, I decided to drop him a line.  He asked me if I was interested in giving an interview for his magazine.  At first, I didn't know how he had even heard of me, and he explained that he came across the fan board that I used to visit, and had decided that since I seemed to be an expert on the Archie series, that I would be a great person to interview for the inaugural issue of "The Digest Enthusiast"

So, I agreed, and over the course of...oh...two and a half weeks, maybe...Blake and I sent each other e-mails where he would ask questions, and I would answer them.  It was a great experience, and I was thinking that it would be a fun thing to do.

So...as a special treat...here's that interview.  In full.  Just click on the images to make them bigger.  Enjoy!




And, I'm currently working on another project for the magazine as I type this now.  So stay tuned for more!  And do check out this magazine if you can find it.  The whole thing is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment