Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2014

A Thousand Thank Yous

October 4, 2014

Hello, everyone!

I have to say that this past week has been one wild ride, and I'll readily admit that I've been feeling a hundred thousand different emotions all at once over the last few days.

I'm sure some of you are wanting to know what has happened over the last few days.  It's been a really exhausting few days, as evidenced by the fact that I basically skipped writing in this blog yesterday.  And when I take a break from writing, you know that something is very serious.

A few days ago, my mother was admitted into the local hospital in town after she had been experiencing shortness of breath, weakness, dizziness, and other symptoms related to being extremely sick.  What the results showed was that she had been suffering from pneumonia, and that her symptoms were so severe that she had to stay in the hospital.

As of this writing, she is still in the Step Down unit at the hospital (interestingly enough, she is hospitalized in the same exact room where I was placed when I came out of my gall bladder operation three and a half years ago), but she is a lot better now than she was when she was first admitted, and she is responding well to the antibiotics that she has been given to fight the infection caused by the pneumonia.

She's still got a long way to go, but she's a tough old broad (I mean it too...she underwent a serious surgical procedure almost 20 years ago, and she came out of that like a champ).  If anyone can get through this, I know she will.  We just all have to stay positive.



To those of you at my workplace, or who have me added as a Facebook or Twitter friend, or who may be regular readers of this blog, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your love and support over the last few days.  It really means a lot to me and my family, and my mom also wants to express her gratitude to all of you.  Just knowing that so many care about her and want her to get better means a lot. 

I promise to keep you all updated as time passes.  In the meantime, I'll be trying to get this pop culture blog back on track over the next couple of days. 

Thanks again, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment