Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

The Social Media Cookbook

It's time for another fun filled edition of FOODIE FRIDAY, and I think I've got a couple of recipes selected that you probably have seen before, only you might not realize it.

But before I go ahead with that, I really want all of you to know that I am still taking recipe submissions from anybody.  If you have a recipe that you want to see posted in this blog, you can send it to me at matthewwturcotte518@gmail.com and it will be posted right here in this space on Fridays.

In case you haven't guessed, the recipe well has run dry, and I could use some ideas to post in this space.  Otherwise, I'll just have to scrap the recipe portion altogether and just make Fridays a general discussion about food - which I'd really like to avoid because I really want you to have a chance to have some of your thoughts and ideas posted.  This is just as much your blog as it is mine. 

Anyway, for today's recipe look back, I thought I'd post a couple of recipes that I found on social media of all places!  I guess I could add that as a positive on my "Social Media Balancing Act" post of a couple of days ago.  Lately, Facebook has turned into a gigantic cookbook filled with delicious recipes, as people find them on food blogs, and share them with their friends, who post them on their profiles, and so on and so forth.  It kind of makes me wonder if the cookbook is going the way of the dodo bird.

Anyway, for today's edition of FOODIE FRIDAY, I'll share a couple of recipes that I've seen floating around Facebook.

For instance, there's a recipe sharing group on Facebook called
Dessert Recipes 24/7, in which all the members of the group share their favourite recipes and people can get a new recipe every day.

The trick is that all those recipes come from different food blogs.  So, in this blog, I'll be posting links to these other blogs, so I can give the authors of the recipes original credit, and so you can check out their other works.  So, consider this to be a special blog entry where you can read three blogs in one!

Anyway, our first recipe comes from "SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN", and rather than type out the recipe out in full, I'll just post the screenshot, as well as provide the link to the blog (just click the title).  Don't worry if you can't read the screenshot.  Just click on it to make it bigger.



And, our second recipe comes from the blog entitled "FAT GIRL TRAPPED IN A SKINNY BODY", and there you can find this delicious recipe for the Ultimate S'more Bar - perfect for summer campouts!



I'm getting hungry now...talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment