Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

What Grade Are YOU Getting In Life?

March 20, 2014

Okay, so, according to the calendar, it's supposed to be the first day of Spring.  And, yet, I look out my window and we still have snow on the ground.  Am I the only one who thinks that the season of Spring won't actually start until June?  It just seems that way.

Okay, so normally in this spot on Thursdays I am supposed to be doing a video blog.  However, I've already done a video blog this week, and I don't particularly like doing more than one video a week.  So, I've opted to do an honest to goodness written entry.

Which is fine, because what I have to say for today is best explained through written word anyways.



Okay, so here's a question for all of you.  Have you ever done any of those Facebook quizzes that tell you basically everything about yourself that you never really wanted to know?  Well, I'll bite the bullet.  I admitted that I have taken more of these quizzes than I ever care to admit to.

Let's put it this way.  Apparently I'm going to be a grouchy old man when I grow old, I'm going to end up sharing a jail cell with Jennifer Lawrence if I get arrested in Hollywood, and if I ever decide to move to Los Angeles, I would fit in best in the Echo Park neighbourhood.

(And, well...I didn't know that there WAS an Echo Park in L.A.  To me, all I know of Los Angeles is that it has movie studios, star studded streets and a gigantic Hollywood sign up in the hills.)

And, well, one of these quizzes happens to be the subject of today's entry.

Just today, I took a quiz entitled "WHAT GRADE ARE YOU GETTING IN LIFE?", and if you click HERE, you can take the quiz yourself if you want.  And, well...I thought I'd share my answers to the questions and see how I'm doing in life. 

Let's see what I end up scoring.  Here's hoping that I don't get an "F"!

1.  HOW OFTEN DO YOU WORK OUT?

A:  Well, it's important to know that each of these questions have four possible choices.  I won't waste space showing you ALL of the choices, but I can tell you that I did select "I go through on-again, off-again phases".  And, this is very true.  I don't make it a habit to go to a gym (I honestly don't think I've ever set foot in one), but I do take frequent walks now and again.  I would like to do more of this, but somehow working out solo just doesn't seem fun.  I need a workout buddy.



2.  ON A SCALE OF 1-10 (with 10 being best), APPROXIMATELY WHERE DOES YOUR PERSONAL HAPPINESS FALL?

A:  Easily for me, it would be a 4-7, with emphasis on the seven.  I'm content most days, but still I have instances in which I wish I could have more, or be happier.  And for those of you who claim to never have those feelings, you're either the biggest liar in the world, or Ned Flanders.

3.  WHAT'S YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE WORK LIKE?

A:  Easy one.  I picked "Right now, I have no life outside of work, but it'll pay off".

I keep telling myself that in order to keep question #2 at 7.

4.  WHAT IS THE STATE OF YOUR HOME/APARTMENT RIGHT NOW?

A:  It's not super clean, but does it really matter?  I never invite people over, and I'm not a hoarder.  I'm good.



5.  HOW'S YOUR LOVE LIFE?

A:  Could be better.  Seriously, I have NO love life at the moment.  Might be linked to question 3.  Who knows?  Um...next question please.



6.  LET'S TALK DEBT.

A:  I do wish they had a choice where it said "no debt", because I paid all my debts off at the moment, so let's just go with the "good kind" of debt.

7.  HOW MANY BOOKS HAVE YOU READ WITHIN THE LAST THREE MONTHS?

A:  3 to 5.  Not counting Jughead Double Digests.

8.  WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?

A:  I HATE answering questions like this, but let's be optimistic.  I went with I've moved into my place and advanced in my career.

9.  OK, BUT REALISTICALLY WHERE WILL YOU BE IN 5 YEARS?

A:  Maybe making some more money, but not enough for a huge life change.  That's my story thus far.  But hey, I'm optimistic.  I just answered safely.

10.  WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST SOURCE OF STRESS?

A:  Easy one.  Figuring out the future.  As someone who kind of likes to live in the present, the future scares me.  I am definitely not like that Timbuk 3 song at all!



11.  A GENIE COMES AND GRANTS YOU THREE WISHES.  WHAT DO YOU DO?

A:  D-uh!  More wishes!

12.  WHAT KIND OF THING ARE YOU MOST GUILTY OF?

A:  Some tough choices there, but the one I went with is checking out of friendships when life gets too crazy.  There was a period in my life in which I had difficulty telling the difference between friend and foe.  Sometimes I still have those feelings...

13.  WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING/ORGANIZING PLANS...

A:  ...when I owe somebody facetime, I always show up.  I don't get invited to things very often, so I definitely try to honour any commitments!

No, that didn't sound pathetic at all, did it?

14.  SAY YOU CALL IN "SICK"...HOW DO YOU SPEND THE DAY?

A:  Um...only one choice here.  I stay in bed and watch TV because if I call in sick, I really am sick.

We'll ignore all the seventh grade classes I skipped because of bullying issues.  Though, I suppose emotional stress could be considered an illness...maybe?

Okay, that's all the questions.  Let's see what I got!



Really?  An A minus?  Wow.  The pessimistic side of me said I'd get a C minus!  Okay, let's see what the description says...

NOT TOO BAD...NOT TOO BAD AT ALL.  IF AN A- REALLY FEELS LIKE A STRETCH FOR YOU, THEN CONGRATS ON THE HARD WORK.  OR MAYBE YOU'RE CHEATING?

Yeah...that tells me nothing.  Maybe I'll decipher this one myself.

You know, the more I look at it, the more I think...maybe an A minus is a good grade.  And, I think it's a grade that I deserve.

Oh, sure, there's some things that I want to fix.  Priority #1 is actually finding an affordable place to live in a safer neighbourhood (which is probably leading to any stress that I might have at the moment).  But the more I see it, I'm quite happy in all other facets of my life.  My charity work has enabled me to meet different people, I'm actually doing well in my actual paying job, and embarking on new challenges in my non-paying hobby.  And, maybe I'm just in a giddy mood because I just watched the movie "Frozen" and was absolutely blown away by how good it really was.



Whatever the case...I haven't quite figured out life yet.  But the fact that I'm still alive and smiling...well, that's got to be some success right?

Still...I am apprehensive about some things.  One of which I'll bring up next week in this spot.

Until then, keep smiling...and if you want to, keep doing silly quizzes!

No comments:

Post a Comment