Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day For One? Fun!

I thought that I would do a bit of a blog and run today, being that today is February 14th and all. 

Apparently it's something called Valentine's Day, or Love Day, or Shoot The Person You Love in the Butt with an Arrow Day.

I guess that's why I am writing this blog in hot pink today - to put me into the mood of all things love.



Problem is, I don't have a Valentine.  I don't think I've had a Valentine since those days in elementary school where we would give out little Super Mario, DuckTales, and Garfield cards to our classmates with those chalky "BE MINE" conversation hearts.

But unlike past years, I'm surprisingly okay with this.  And do you want to know why?

Because I have already declared 2018 to be the "Be Your Own Best Friend Year".  And to go one step further, I've decided that I am going to be my own Valentine this year.  Because when it comes down to it, why shouldn't I treat myself with love, kindness, respect, and chocolates?

Seriously, it's a great way to overcome the Valentine's Day single blues by showing yourself a little love once in a while.

For instance, have a look at what I bought for myself this year for Valentine's Day.



Let's see...we have a couple of comic books (because I am a comic book geek and unapologetic about it), I bought a T-shirt showing my support for the Canadian Olympic Team (ten medals so far including three gold), and of course a whole bunch of chocolate.  My selections including Lindt and Hershey.

Oh, and I did get some Valentines from a couple of my co-workers - including one that was left unsigned, so I guess I might have a secret admirer of sorts.  Who can say, really?  I wasn't actually expecting to get ANY, so the fact that I did get some was a nice surprise!

But again, I don't expect any gifts for Valentine's Day because to me, I don't think you need just one day out of the year to express your love and devotion towards somebody.  In fact, you don't need one day of the year to tell yourself that you're worth loving and you're worth respect, and that you're worth the effort in treating yourself right. 

So, that's what I did.  I became my own Valentine this year.  And let me tell you, it made me feel SO relaxed and SO happy for the day.  Granted, Valentine's Day will NEVER be my favourite holiday, but at least by making myself top priority and showing myself a little love, it might help me hone my skills so that I can bestow and share my love with somebody else one day.



But if that doesn't happen, at least I'll be showing myself a little love.  And really.  There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Happy Valentine's Day, singles, couples...and oh, what the hell...triples too!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post! We provide daniel craig white tuxedo for new collections clothing product on 2023.

    ReplyDelete