Search This Blog

Monday, June 26, 2017

A Message From The Pop Culture Addict...

I know it seems like it's been a while since I last wrote in this space.  The truth is that I've felt mentally exhausted for a few days now.  At first I thought it was all of the Jem episodes that I reviewed.  To this day, I can't hear the word Jem without adding in "is truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous".  I know.  I'm sick.  Help me.



But it's a lot less complex than that.  I'm just a little burned out on writing, and I feel as though I have a case of writer's block so huge that I don't think the largest chisel in the world could break through it.

I've had quite a lot of things going on in my mind right now...and I want to be able to share that with all of you.  But I don't think today's the right day to do that.  For one, I don't even know what the heck is causing the writer's block.  Maybe it's the fact that I've been writing in this blog for six years and have simply run out of stories to tell.  Maybe I fear that I am repeating myself and unintentionally writing three blogs on the same subject. 

Or maybe the cause is much deeper and psychologically based and I need to stare at seventy-seven different ink blots before I can come up with a subject to talk about.

I definitely don't think it is a lack of interest in writing.  As much as I have struggled to come up with topics, I still have the desire to write every single day.  I just think that like many of us, I need structure in this blog (and life in general).  I seemed to have no problems writing when I was doing the cartoon reviews every Friday, or Throwback Thursday posts, or even the Christmas advent calendar every December. 

(I know...December is one of the busiest and most stressful months of the year, and yet it seems to be the only month where I can actually do a blog entry every day!  My brain works in strange ways.)

So, while I continue to try and implement some more structure in this blog, I ask that you please be patient with me.  I know that the Throwback Thursday posts will at least continue on, so you have one day out of the week where I will write at least something down.  But bear with me here.  I'm sure this writer's block will pass at some point. 

In the meantime, if any of you have any ideas for this blog, or suggestions for theme days, send them to me.  Maybe you'll help re-spark my creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment