Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Music Interview Shuffle!!!

Okay, so sometimes I like to play a little game or two inside of this blog entry, and I thought that in the spirit of all things fun, I would play a little game with all of you.

Before I go ahead, I want all of you to go around your home or workplace and find either an iPod, an mp3 player, a cell phone (if your phone is capable of playing music), or even a CD player that is capable of playing at least three CD's at one time. 

And I want you to take your playlist of songs and set the list to shuffle.  That way, you never know what you will get.  Trust me, I have over eleven hundred songs on mine.  I literally have no idea what songs will be playing on shuffle, and that's really the whole idea.

You see, I'm going to be posting a series of interview questions.  And you have to answer them using song titles and song titles only.  And where do you get these song titles?

Well, from your shuffled playlist, of course!

I just have one rule.  No cheating.  No skipping songs.  You have to be absolutely truthful.  If you have a Britney Spears song or a One Direction song or a Dolly Parton song, don't be ashamed.  Post it. 

Now, I will be providing some music clips to accompany some of my answers...as well as trying to explain how I can justify the song titles...which I think could be more fun than actually listening to the songs!

There's 32 questions in all.  And by me doing this, you'll know a little more about me and my...shall we say...eclectic musical tastes.

I think this'll be fun.  Shall we get started?



1.  What is your name?
Better The Devil You Know - Kylie Minogue
(So, apparently my name is a big secret...)

2.  Male or female?
In My House - Mary Jane Girls
(So, we'll just go with N/A with that one.  So far, batting a thousand...)



3.  If someone asks you "is this okay?", you say...
Tarzan Boy - Baltimora
(I do a Tarzan yell?  Yeah, that's normal...)

4.  What would best describe your personality?
Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
(You know, let's go with that one.  I like it.)

5.  What do you look for in a mate?
Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
(Well...the song has the word "love" in the title...that's something, I suppose.)

6.  How do you feel today?
The Remedy (I Won't Worry) - Jason Mraz
(Well, I just got over the flu a few days ago.  This fits.)

7.  What is your life's purpose?
The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
(This could not be more true...)



8.  What is your motto?
Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders
(I don't quite understand...but whatever.  Good song.)

9.  What do your friends think of you?
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
(I suppose one or two MIGHT be...but not the majority.  You really have nothing to be jealous of.  Believe me.)



10.  What do you think about very often?
Charms - The Philosopher Kings
(Let's see...I don't have a charm bracelet, and have not eaten Lucky Charms since...oh...1992?  I don't think so.)

11.  What does 2+2=?
Manchild - Neneh Cherry
(Boy...did I fail math class or what?)

12.  What do you think of your best friend?
Poison Arrow - ABC
(According to this, I should find a new best friend!!!)



13.  What do you think of the person you like?
French Kissin' (In The U.S.A.) - Debbie Harry
(Well...eventually we'd get there...if I had someone I liked, that is.  LOL!)

14.  What is your life story?
If You Cared - Kim Appleby
(Yep.  If you cared, I wouldn't be so screwed up.  Just kidding!  I swear it!  Although, this could also be seen from my own point of view in that I care.  WAY TOO MUCH!!!)

15.  What do you want to be when you grow up?
Take A Bow - Madonna
(No thanks...being an actor?  That boat has sailed.)

16.  What do your parents think of you?
Bus Stop - The Hollies
(Um...they want me to catch a bus?  What the hell?)

17.  What do you think when you see the person you like?
Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat
(Wow...how appropriate!  I swear I am not cheating here.)

18.  What song will you dance to at your wedding?
Hot In The City - Billy Idol
(Really?!?  Well, I suppose there are worse songs...)

19.  What song will they play at your funeral?
Eternal Flame - Bangles
(Somehow...this seems somewhat appropriate...well, except for the line where they sing 'do you feel my heart beating, do you understand'.  Yeah, if that happens, it's not a funeral.  It's a zombie apocalypse.)



20.  What is your hobby or interest?
Crocodile Rock - Elton John
(Nope...not into crocodiles at all - though I did watch "The Crocodile Hunter" show back in the day.)

21.  What do you think of your friends?
Drop Dead Gorgeous - Republica
(Considering that I think all my friends are more attractive than I am, this works.)

22.  What's the worst thing that could happen?
Steppin' Out - Joe Jackson
(Great, maybe I should just start building my "end of the world" bomb shelter now.)

23.  How will you die?
Blank Space - Taylor Swift
(So, I'll either have a death that is inconclusive, or I will literally be struck in the head by a blank tile from a cinema marquee.  Or, maybe nobody will really know...)



24.  What is the one thing you regret?
Day After Day - Badfinger
(The question was WHAT I regret...not WHEN...)

25.  What makes you laugh?
Stupid Girl - Garbage
(So. Going. To. Hell.)

26.  What makes you cry?
I Wanna Be Rich - Calloway
(The irony is...I am NOT materialistic whatsoever.  If I do cry, it's because of the people who have money who spend it on stupid stuff.)

27.  Will you ever get married?
Would I Lie To You? - Charles & Eddie
(Answering a question with a question is a great way to avoid subjects!)

28.  What scares you the most?
Dirty Laundry - Don Henley
(If we're talking exposing secrets...that is scary stuff.  If we're talking dirty clothing - even scarier.)



29.  Does anyone like you?
For The Cool In You - Babyface
(I take it by that answer that some do, in fact, find the cool in me.)

30.  If you could go back in time, what would you change?
Brave - Sara Bareilles
(Interesting song...and I suppose it's true.  If I could go back in time, I'd tell the kid me to grow a backbone and fight back against those boneheads.)



31.  What hurts right now?
I Don't Care Anymore - Phil Collins
(I don't know how to interpret that.  Does it hurt because I don't care?  Do I not care to answer the question?  Come on, work with me Phil!)

32.  What is your greatest inspiration?
September - Earth, Wind, & Fire
(To me, September just seems like any ordinary month...but maybe there's something to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment