I hope most of you are having a wonderful Monday so far (well, as wonderful as Monday can possibly be, anyway). But for those of you living in Canada, I just want to wish everyone a...
I certainly hope your Thanksgiving celebrations will be fantastic, and I hope that you all don't gorge yourselves too much on turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. After all, you have to save some room for the Halloween candy and Christmas feast!
All right, so as it so happens, Thanksgiving falls on Monday in Canada, which coincides with FUNNY MONDAY! And, well...Thanksgiving isnt exactly known for its humour. After all, it's a day in which we're supposed to give thanks for everything we have and to share our blessings with those closest to us.
Though, I can't help but chuckle at some of the funny Thanksgiving memes that I've discovered over the last couple of days.
So, I thought that I would use this holiday Monday to write a blog entry that is short, but sweet. And funny.
And, by funny, I mean posting some of these Thanksgiving memes that I have found over the last couple of days. It's a blog entry I like to call...
"THANKSGIVING MEMES THAT I HAVE FOUND OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS"
Sigh...you'll have to forgive me. I'm still groggy from the turkey that I ate last night for dinner.
As always, I want to give credit to the following sites - someecards.com, girltomom.com, livelyproductions.org, dumpaday.com, egotvonline.com, funnypictures.com, RD.com, and pinterest.com - for the selection of images used today.
Okay, let's get this started!
1. Judging by this picture, I'm fairly sure that this boy is trying to kill his family's Thanksgiving turkey with what appears to be a watermelon. I'm also fairly sure that the turkey is either mocking him for his choice of weapon, or attacking him because he wants to survive another autumn.
2. Oh, look...they're having Ned for dinner. And practicing cannibalism in the process. Yum yum!
3. This cartoon really does make a lot of sense from a retail perspective. Back when I worked in foods, people got mad because they couldn't find a fat enough turkey.
4. Something tells me that this turkey has been taught the "Chick-fil-A" method of advertising.
5. This doesn't really apply in my family that much, but I see some of you probably thinking "that is SO true!"
6. Ah, now that makes more sense.
7. I suppose you could also be thankful that you get to see your wine addicted relative to a drunken faceplant into the green bean casserole.
8. Blunt, but direct and to the point.
9. This meme made more sense in 2012 when Carly Rae Jepsen had the #1 song in the nation.
10. Hey, even headless turkeys need to find love!
11. Okay, so maybe this meme might not make sense in Canada, as our Thanksgiving predates Halloween. However, I do agree that the Christmas celebrations beginning in early November is TOO SOON!
12. Wise words from the late Erma Bombeck.
13. Today's episode of Sesame Street has been brought to you by the number ate...ahem...eight.
14. I have heard that wild turkeys can be dangerous creatures. Proceed with caution this October and November...
15. For what it's worth, our family usually waits until 4:00.