Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

17 School Screw-Ups

Okay, for this edition of FUNNY MONDAY, we'll be going back to school.

Some places in the world begin school in August, while other schools don't open until September.  But one thing is for sure.  If you're at least between the ages of four and seventeen, you're likely preparing to go back to school where your days will be filled with sports events, school clubs, and cafeteria food.  I know.  Sounds like a dream come true, huh?

Of course, not all your school days were happy and carefree.  Unless you went to school in Beverly Hills, you were provided to do a whole lot of work to prove that you understood the material that your teachers were cramming into your heads.  This meant that you had to write a lot of essays, put together a lot of projects, do a lot of homework, and write a lot of midterms and final exams.

Believe me, I had my share of tests and exams and homework assignments over the years.  Most of the time I did very well...but there were a couple of tests that I remember bombing.  When I was little, I couldn't understand the concept of multiplying 2-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers.  I didn't know you had to add an extra zero to the second round of multiplying.  Only I could have 24 times 24 equaling 144. 

The answer, of course, is 576.  And, no...I didn't use a calculator either.  I eventually learned how to do it.

I also remember one instance in which I forgot to read a book for English class, and I had a pop quiz on it.  Needless to say, I ended up failing that quiz.  Fortunately, it was the only one I remember failing in high school.

Thing is that sometimes that happens.  Sometimes you don't know the answer.  But you also feel terrible for leaving the test paper blank, so often you make up an answer, hoping that it is correct, but usually ends up not.

Of course, this sometimes can lead to some unintentional (or intentional) moments of hilarity.

I scourged the Internet to find seventeen of the funniest test answers ever given by real students.  And, as always, I want to give credit to
Bored Panda, Caveman Circus, Smosh.com, Everything Funny, and Distractify for the photos displayed here.

So, let's get started!



I'm sure that this teacher didn't quite realize just how ambiguous this question could be, but kudos to this kid for stating the simplest, yet most obvious answer.



Okay.  I have a confession to make.  Algebra is NOT my subject at all.  If I was forced to find "X", I'd attempt to go the easy way out too.



Okay, to be fair, this little kid probably didn't know how to spell the word "duck", so he or she tried to use different combinations of letters until they found one that worked.  This is the unfortunate result.  It kind of reminds me of the one time I was on a discussion forum where this user was trying to tell us all about the rubber duck party she threw for a three year old.

Yeah, whoever decided to put the d and f keys next to each other on a standard QWERTY keyboard had a sick sense of humour...



To be fair, this quiz was probably written in 1991, when "Emotions" was first released...



I think that this student should have gotten partial credit for thinking outside the...microscope.



Warren is a little bit pessimistic.  After all, more and more people are reaching 100 years of age or more.



Hey!  How did the get that high school survey that I wrote back in 1997? 



Well...I suppose if you've ever tried sweetbreads and liked them, this would be a factual statement.



Clearly, this test was written by someone who will likely never ever get a date with another woman again...



Test-taking lesson #283.  Never, ever listen to Top 40 radio before you take a test on the solar system.



Sadly, I know many people like Frankie in this world.  And sadly, they seem to have a better quality of life than I do.  No, I'm not bitter.  Thanks for asking.



Well, I mean, technically "ice" is about as hard as you can get water.  S/He's not wrong.



So, what the teacher is saying is that Judy failed Lesson #3?



This teacher can only be summarized with just one word.  AWESOME!



They do say a picture is worth a thousand words.  And, judging by the teacher's reaction, this picture might be worth a thousand days in detention.



This student would have gotten extra credit had they detailed a plan for what Lincoln should have done that fateful day in April 1865.



Again, straight and to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment