Search This Blog

Thursday, January 02, 2014

My Summary of 2013? Weird. But Good.

This week's edition of the Thursday Video Blog entry continues the trend that I had going on all week long in this blog, which is saying goodbye to the old, and hello to the new.  And, this blog entry is no exception, as this will be the final entry of dissecting and understanding the year gone by.

Only in this case, it's more of a personal level.




Over the past five or six days or so, I've been talking about 2013 strictly on a level of pop culture.  The television shows of 2013 that made us obsess over what was going to happen the following week, the music of 2013 that made us get up off of our seats and dance away, the movies of 2013 that were worth paying the thirty-six bucks in snacks to go and see.  Yeah, all that was fun, and I certainly hope that you've enjoyed reflecting back on the year as I have.  This is really the first time I've done a retrospective at the end of the year, and I certainly plan on doing it every year.

But as you'll see in this video blog - the first of 2014 - 2013 was a really weird year, but for all the good reasons.  I do apologize for the beginning of the video...I was distracted by my video game admittedly (though it strangely fit).  But other than that, I think it all worked out, and by the end of it all, I'll explain why 2013 was a fairly solid year.




And, just on a purely superficial note, when I started off the year, I had 100,000 page views.  I'm ending it off with almost a quarter of a million.  Here's hoping that 2014 is just as much of a success - not necessarily because I like to brag over silly numbers, but because my writing is slowly, but surely getting out there.  It kind of makes me feel somewhat justified in knowing that this is eventually what I want to do for the rest of my life. 



Anyway, take care, everyone, and beginning tomorrow, we go back to normal - well, whatever your normal is...

No comments:

Post a Comment