Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm Sick of Being Charlie Brown




I'm going to be completely honest with all of you.  This video blog started off as being one thing, but evolved into being a completely different thing altogether.  This blog entry may be titled "I'm Sick Of Being Charlie Brown", and at the tail end of this piece, you'll see what I mean (so if you just want the Charlie Brown message, skip ahead to the halfway mark of the video if you like.  I won't be offended).



But the first part talked about how I didn't want to be an adult on the day that I filmed the video and how I just wanted to go back to being a kid for one day.  But then, the more I talked about some of the pop culture trends that influenced me when I was a kid, the more it steered towards the realization that I've been considered a Charlie Brown kind of character in my own life, and how being that way hasn't really been the most exciting or wonderful way to go through life.

So, I suppose that if you look at it, this is kind of a double video blog entry which has two entirely different topics merged into one superblog.

(Did I just say the word 'superblog'?)

Anyway, if you're interested in pop culture ramblings, watch the first half.  If you want the Charlie Brown story, watch the second.  And, if you're really looking for something to do, watch the whole thing!




By the way, now that I've gotten this post out in the open, it's sort of inspired my next video piece which you will see next Thursday.  And, I think that it could be an ambitious, if not creative project.

Of course...I say that about EVERY piece I write.  At any rate, take care, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment